Gideon300 is a high-impact public relations agency representing leaders who stand for America's founding principles.
We are looking to grow our company with a mission and detail-driven Director of Media Relations. The role and the company is 100% remote with great potential for growth.
Our founder, Matthew Faraci, is a well-known entrepreneur, producer, public relations expert, former political strategist and former TV host.
Faraci has been involved in a number of high-profile, successful ventures including his previous role as Executive Producer of The Chosen—the #1 crowdfunded media project in history—as a producer on the animated kids TV series The Tuttle Twins, as host, for two seasons, of his own TV series on Dove Channel, and most importantly, as founder of the highly-respected public relations agency Inspire Buzz...and now a growing sister agency called Gideon300.
His PR agencies have successfully represented cause-driven clients ranging from popular startups to Fortune 100 companies who have appeared in top media outlets including Newsmax, Fox News, The Washington Times, The Daily Wire, TBN’s Huckabee, Glenn Beck, The Epoch Times, Christian Broadcasting Network, The Eric Metaxas Show, Salem Radio Networks, and so many others.
Our clients are demanding and the conservative media world is fast-paced, but we are full of energy and have a passion for the work we do. In this work, we strive for excellence, not perfection and look to maximize each team member’s skill set.
The DIRECTOR OF MEDIA RELATIONS is responsible for running point on both media strategy and execution for our campaigns. Must have established media relationships, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and be able to turn around press releases, pitches, and talking points quickly and effectively. Position reports directly to the President and is responsible for keeping the Director of Operations updated on all editorial deadlines and media placement plans.
- Constantly monitoring the news cycle to anticipate opportunities for clients, ensuring that the press knows as quickly as possible what our experts can offer.
- Balancing multiple projects, tight deadlines, and changing priorities, all with the goal of helping shape public opinion and build momentum for our mission.
- Drafting press releases, pitches, and talking points for experts and also managing others who have the same task of content creation
- Conceiving, writing, editing, and pitching Op-Eds
- Crafting media strategies, both short and long-term, to recommend to President
- Perform various operational tasks such as loading email distributions, monthly media reporting, and booking media placements as-needed.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Operations to ensure that systems and processes are optimized to ensure most efficient and effective workflows.
- Will represent the firm with clients and media and bring their own relationships and connections to the table when relevant.
- At times will perform tasks outside of this description in support of client objectives and to aid other departments.
- 5 years of relevant experience in media relations
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A keen understanding of the news cycle and what drives press coverage
- Must respond quickly to and anticipate breaking news, experience shaping public debate through media placements
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative and manage time effectively
- Exercise professionalism and clear, concise communication under deadline pressure
- Use best practices with document workflow, submission and communication
- Proficient in Google Suite for calendar, email and document drive
- Must be proficient in MAC environment and using Iphone
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the media cycle (based on Eastern Seaboard), sometimes with early mornings, late evenings and some weekends
- Fully remote organization
- Generous paid holidays
- Exposure working with major media outlets
- Hands on experience with high-profile clients
- HRA Plan
- Equipment provided as needed
- Base salary + potential bonus